Week 5 – Tasks – Completed

Hi All,

This week my students decided what element of school life they wished to post about,

A number of them tried out recording their ideas with the voice recorder on their laptops.

Others posted with words and pictures.

Check out how Oliver feels about school.

Listen carefully to Nadine’s ideas.

Do you agree with what some students would do if they were Principal!

Have fun clicking on the individual blogs to read and listen.   

6 thoughts on “Week 5 – Tasks – Completed

1. Kathleen Morris

Hi everyone,

I love the way you’ve written a short post to introduce readers to the students’ work this week. I also love the way students have been able to share their ideas in different ways!
    I’ll share this great example in our next Student Blogging Challenge post.

Here’s a quick tip — perhaps where you have written the students’ names such as Oliver and Nadine, you could link that work to their blog. It might encourage visitors to go straight to those blog posts!

Also, don’t forget to have all the students submit their post URL in the week 5 form if they haven’t already. That way, they won’t miss out on a visit from a commenter!

Here’s the direct link to the Form
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdK_IFArOYEzbr6NQSg9mjPnMa3yWzcX3NUuNMPu-vWMqD9Ug/viewform

Great work!
    Kathleen Morris

2. cara Post author

Hi Kathleen,

Thank you so much for you lovely feedback and wonderful suggestions. We are enjoying blogging and finding the weekly challenges interesting. As we only do Digi Tech once a week it has been challenging to fit everything in each week. That is why the students haven’t filled in their own google form as yet but I am keen to give it a go.

My wonderful bloggers are on holidays at the moment for the Eater break, however they will be so excited to see your reply, Marg’s replies to the individual posts as well as you mentioning us in your weekly recap.

Thank you so much for bringing us the challenge and for taking time to comment on our post!

Thanks Mrs Barrett and her Bloggers.

1. Kathleen Morris

Hi Mrs Barrett and bloggers,

Happy holidays! I hope you’re all enjoying a well deserved break. We look forward to seeing you back from the last few weeks of the challenge after your holidays perhaps.

Well done on all your blogging work so far! It must be very hard to fit everything in!

Kathleen

3. Marg

Dear wonderful bloggers,
    Thanks for all your fun and interesting posts! I loved reading all of them. The student blogging challenge is an excellent way to practise blogging as well as learn about online safety and different blogging techniques.
    Keep having fun, finish as many tasks as you have time for and check out the flipboard magazine – some of your posts are in it!
    If you have time you can also check out the blog I use during these challenges. I added some info about our $1 and $2 coins here in Canada. http://1marg.edublogs.org/

Marg
    Student blogging challenge commenter

4. Marg

Hi Mrs. Barrett,
    Congratulations on doing this blogging challenge. I taught grades three and four for years and loved blogging with my kids. Now that I am retired I look forward to reading such a variety of posts from all over the world.
    I added some posts from your kids to the flipboard magazine.
    https://flipboard.com/@tasteach/2019-stubc-qsa3oiq5y?utm_campaign=widgets&utm_medium=web&utm_source=magazine_widget
    Or scroll down Kathleen’s weekly post, she has a link.
    Please feel free to email me if I can help in any way. It’s sometimes hard, scary and overwhelming when you start blogging with students. I was lucky to have people I could ask for advice and support. ( 1marg@telus.net )
    Have fun,
    Marg

5. Marg

Hi Mrs. Barrett,
    I forgot to say that I think I commmented on each blog, but if I missed anyone, please let me know. I have also kept your link so I can add some comments over the next few weeks.
    Marg